This is a highly competitive scholarship opportunity for students in developing countries. Apply Online December 1, 2016 – April 1, 2017
Ideal Candidate – A student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
- Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- Has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
- The scholarship awards are determined by the board of directors of the Wells Mountain Foundation and awarded once a year. Applications must be received by April 1 of each year to be considered for the following academic year. The selected WMF Scholarship recipients will be emailed on August 1. Their names will also be published on our website homepage and the WMF Facebook page. Those who do not receive a scholarship will also be notified after August.
Tips for Becoming a Competitive Applicant
The following are suggestions to enhance your Empowerment Through Education scholarship application:
- Become a member of a community service group and record all of your service activities (dates, activities, time spent, photographs, etc.)
- Collect your secondary school transcript, national exam results and grading keys to interpret your results
- Request two letters of recommendation on official stationery from two people who know you professionally/personally and can showcase the reasons you deserve this scholarship
- Have all of your documents translated into English
- Always apply to the Empowerment Through Education Scholarship with the current application form (If it is for the year 2017, apply only with the 2017 application)
- Important Dates
December 1, 2016 – The 2017 Empowerment Through Education program application will be available on our website. Completed 2017 Empowerment Through Education scholarship applications will start to be accepted on this date.
April 1, 2017 – The 2017 Empowerment Through Education scholarship application deadline.
Empowerment Through Education Program For 2017
Applications from qualified applicants will be accepted until April 1, 2017. Before applying, we strongly encourage you to read the Empowerment Through Education information Flyer and also the Empowerment Through Education Application Frequently Asked Questions document. These two documents will assist you in determining your eligibility and guide you in the application process
For more info, visit the funders' website at: www.wellsmountainfoundation.org/ourprograms/scholarships/ete-application/
Post a Comment